Residual Income Ideas In South Africa Fundamentals Explained
Active income is income for which services have been performed. This includes wages, tips, wages, commissions, and income from businesses in which there is material participation. Passive or Residual income is an income obtained on a regular basis, with little effort required to maintain it.
Portfolio income is income from investments, dividends, interest, royalties and capital gains. Portfolio income does not come from passive investments and is not earned through normal business activity. Normally, income from interest on money that's been loaned does not count as portfolio income.
Now, looking at the sources of residual income, we're going to move from the ones that we think are the most difficult to create to the ones which are the easiest to create. Here we go.
7. Royalties: the creation of audio, books, inventions, machinesand patents. A royalty is something you've sold or created and place it on a stage that you do not run and then receive compensation based on when the merchandise is purchased or utilized. The majority of us do not have the potential to rapidly create royalty streams.
Residual Income In South Africa - An Overview
This is the purest form of passive residual income, if you can achieve it. .
6. Network Marketing: Network marketing is a unique business model and has made more millionaires than any other business. The industry as a whole is growing and more companies are trying to leverage referrals or direct sales to increase revenue and market solutions. On the other hand, the industry as a whole is confusing to many and demands a tremendous amount of mental and emotional fortitude to produce residual income potential.
The effort you have to put in is important to consider. .
Getting My Residual Income In South Africa - Passive Residual Income To Work
5. Subscription Models: Subscription models/Customer Hubs/Member Places All these are businesses like Netflix, Costco, Sams Club. The subscription model has come to be almost its own class. But it has considerable price and you must continuously make and cultivate content and value. The income is residual and combines loyalty and education with community.
A good book that explains this model of residual income is The automated Client by John Warrillow. He walks you through, in plain English, the numerous styles of subscription versions and how to potentially apply them to your business.
4. Affiliate marketing: Getting paid to tell folks what you like and showing them where to receive it. As a Dad, I tried 3 high seats before finding the Bumbo. Now if I blog about the Bumbo and link for it for my Amazon account, and someone buys it, I can earn a commission.
A fantastic example of this is Pat Your Domain Name Flynn in PassiveIncome.com as he walks through how to set up your own system to optimize and profit from your passion.
Residual Income Ideas In South Africa - Truths
3. Business: As I mentioned, not all businesses are created equal when it comes to residual income. Lets have a look at a local taco stand. Surethat taco stand might have loyal patrons and also make the best damn beef taco youve ever had, but they also have to wake up each day and turn the lights on and fire up the grill to get paid for their special tacos.
So, literally tomorrow I am going to earn a fee if I move in or not. Sure, I must maintain relationships to keep earning that fee, but really that the income is residual because once I sign up one client I am going to make money from the money perpetually.
Why do we call these the Electricity 2 Because these demand less specialization and expertise, and with all the leveraged use of smart debt, can work together.
The Definitive Guide for Residual Income In South Africa - Passive Residual Income
2. Real Estate: Property is 2 for one reason, leverage using smart debt and other individuals money. When looking at property rents and the potential for income property provides, it is the trifecta of residual income. First, a home or rental property can appreciate, so capital appreciation is your very first long-term benefit of owning a house.
Other people are paying the mortgage, insurance, property taxes and maintenance while you own that piece of real estate. Third, taxation protection. Rental income is taxed at a lower rate than ordinary income and you also can depreciate property by taking a paper deduction on your annual tax return not to mention expensing the cost of mileage, mortgage interest, and upgrades to the property.
The fourth and possibly most hidden, however important benefit is that over time rents rise, protecting your cash-flow against inflation, while your mortgage interest can be at a fixed rate potentially. .
What Does Residual Income Ideas In South Africa Do?
1. The final and most effective type of residual income, in my opinion, is investing and insurance. Most people have 401Ks and IRAs, so I am going to leave that for your investment side. Within that, I think our Foundation Freedom Phases is by far the simplest, safest and most powerful tool for several reasons: a.